1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hard drive cloning

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BC_Canada, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BC_Canada

BC_Canada Thread Starter

I recently installed a second hard drive in an old Dell desk 4400. The original HD was only 20G and with all updates etc. is filled so I found a couple WD 80G drives. One is an WD800EB other WD800BB. So I tried to re-install with my WinXP pro disc on them both hoping one would work and every time I get Runtime error R6003 integer divided by 0 R:\>. Like 20 times 10 each and same always. Looked on net and little help. Its not overheating nor does it have virus protected BIOS settings-that I`m aware of. So I gave up-LOL
    Then I thought maybe I could just clone the 20G HD onto one of the 80G HD`s. I found this utility on the net http://www.pcinspector.de/CloneMaxx/info.htm?language=1 But after reading a few instructions appearantly it works like a boot disc and is a DOS type deal, I`m hopeless in DOS.
    So my other question is is a cloning possible and would this utility work and has anybody ever tried or heard of it.
    Thank You.:confused:

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Since your using WD drives, you can get Acronis software for FREE. Easy to use Cloning program.

http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

3. BC_Canada

BC_Canada Thread Starter

Thank You-
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1023 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Microsoft Corporation), 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 19594 MB, Free - 9465 MB; E: Total - 76307 MB, Free - 75704 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D845PT
    Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    I hope your not using the Registry cleaner in PC Cleaner Pro :( Take a look at the following from one of our trusted Advisers/Tech's.

5. BC_Canada

BC_Canada Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up. I thought all the errors it found were redic since the install was relatively new, so I never agreed to it. Thanks again for the help.

6. BC_Canada

BC_Canada Thread Starter

Awesome, fast and easy. Great help Thank you very much.(y)

7. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Glad it worked out for you and your most welcome :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1107285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice