1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hard drive completely full

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wuanbonebilly, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wuanbonebilly

wuanbonebilly Thread Starter

i just got a old dell it has 6.99 GB of hard drive space...and every bit is used..i have gone into add and remove and there is nothing there to remove...i have removed all of the things that i dont use or or dont need...and its still full..i have removed pics ...videos...movies music...i'm scared to remove too many files ...i dont know what the go to...i went to GUEST and removed all of that stuff too...i went to temp files in internet options...and did the disk clean...what else can i do...i got out of all that 2.99 somthing....but i can not put a major dent in this hard drive....it's a dell....its old...its got xp on it....and it wont system restore cause its not enough room...the pc tells me constantly that i am low on disk space and i need to do so and so and when i do it...5 minutes later i am back to square one.....can anybody help me in this....

2. cci704

cci704

This helped me with a similar problem.

When you install a Service Pack on your Windows XP computer, the installation wizard automatically creates a set of uninstall files and places them in uninstall folders. Service Pack uninstall folder names begin and end with the "$" character and will have names such as $NtUninstallKBXXXX$. The uninstall files contain copies of system files that are modified by the Service Pack. Copies of the unmodified system files can be used to restore your computer to its pre-Service Pack condition. However, if you are certain you will not want to uninstall a Service Pack, you can remove Windows XP Service Pack uninstall files from your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice