1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hard drive error code 2000-146

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HolyAtheist, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HolyAtheist

HolyAtheist Thread Starter

I have a Dell Studio 1558, its about 1-1.5 years old. Ordered it from Dell.com. Anyways I ranned system diagnostics and got a error code 2000-146 like the title says. So what Im wondering is exactly what does this mean for my hard drive?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    More than likely either the drive is failing, has failed or its not being read in the BIOS for some reason. If you have anything on there you want to save like pix, music, documents etc, pull out the drive and get a usb sata/ide connector and hook it up to another computer and see what you can salvage.I have a dell studio 1555 and if im not mistaken it uses a SATA drive.

3. HolyAtheist

HolyAtheist Thread Starter

Thank you very much sir/mam =)

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are welcome and im a gal. lol!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice