1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hard drive file,HTML format?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Honeybun4, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

I would like to know in very,very,simple plain english:rolleyes: step by step instructions on "How to transfer code (for a signature I created on "mylivesignature.com" ),save it to HTML format,make a file on hard drive,import the file that can be sent along in all my emails"just so you
    know how hard this may be to you that do not want to put up with me:eek:
    here are some statistics(sp) I am a great-gran-ma computer illiterate
    newbie,78years,but very eager and determined to learn.:p
    So thanks to any of you brave souls willing to tackle this !!!!;)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Honeybun4, and welcome to TSG.

Can you please tell us what software you are using on your computer for sending and receiving e-mails or if you go to a web site like gmail or hotmail for your e-mail?

EDIT: Do you have Microsoft Word installed on your computer?

3. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

I have Outlook Express and I think I have Wordpad,at least I see it in a list.:rolleyes:

4. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

O good grief Chuck,I now see the correct way to reply,DUH,if the prompt was a snake I would be dead.I use Outlook Express and yes I do have MS Word on my computer.

5. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi Honeybun4,

That's a neat site. I've never been there before and had to try it out.
    So you created the signature with no problems by following the prompts on the site and now need to know how to use it in OE.

Okay, first thing you need is a folder to put the signature in. Open My Documents and click File>New>Folder and name it Signature.
    Now at the site, after creating the signature there is a place where you can generate the HTML code. Highlight the code ( everything in the box starting with the <a href and ending with </a>) and then press the Ctrl+C keys on your keyboard (both at the same time) to copy it.
    Open Notepad (Start>Programs>Accessories>Notepad) and click Edit>Paste.
    The code should all paste into the Notepad.
    Now on Notepad click File>Save as.
    Name it whatever you like but end it with .html, for example signature.html and save it in the Signature folder you created.

To use it in OE, at the top of OE click Tools>Options.
    Click the Signature tab.
    Click New and Signature #1 will appear in the list.
    In the Edit Signature section, click the radio button by File and then the browse button.
    In the window that pops up, browse to the Signature folder you created.
    Set the Files of type: line to HTML files and you should see your signature file you saved.
    Select it and click Open and you should return to the Options dialogue.
    Click Apply and then, if you want to give it a distinctive name, click Signature #1 in the list and click Rename.
    Click OK when you are done.

When you compose a mail, click Insert>Signature and your sig file should be on the list.
    Select it and it should appear in the message.

Now an even simpler way is to simply save the PNG image from the site by right clicking it and selecting "Save Image as" on the menu. Then when you compose a mail, click your cursor where you want the signature to appear and then click Insert>Picture and browse to and select the PNG image.

Doing it with the HTML file allows you to set OE to always put the signature on messages automatically by checking the "Add signatures to all outgoing messages" on the Signature tab of Options. The PNG way will have to be done each time.

Hope that's not too confusing.
    Here's the one I just made.

[​IMG] :D

6. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

O boy Oboy,I pray I can do this and have success,I have spent at least over days about 20 hours on it,I will surely let you know,thanks so much Trooper,God will bless you with all good things and His love,I will tell him to ;-)
    Honey

7. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

8. Honeybun4

Honeybun4 Thread Starter

You are amazing Trooper,thank you ever so much,you solved my problem and helped me tremendously....

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!