Solved: Hard drive full!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BIGALX58

Hi...I just did a partial run of BCwipe, just 2 scans, because I had to shut the computer down and now my hard drive is full!! Before using BCwipe, I had at least half of the drive free. What happend and what can I do now? Thanks.

These types of programs write to the hard drive areas, usually they fill with binary "1" then they fill with binary "0".
At the conclusion they would assumedly release the areas as clean.

By shutting the PC down you will have left it in a "written" state hence the drive is full?

As the areas are probably "reserved" and not actually files, you may have to reinstall Windows after a format to get everything cleared up I suspect. Shutting down during such an operation is not the intended action that the program would expect...

According to kiwiguy, I think it might work if you redo the scan, but I'm not positive...

kiwiguy, what do you think?

Worth a try, but if the free space is marked already as "not free" I wonder if it would?

I dont think it would jsut because if you started the prograM it would jstu reconize it as unfree space, But it is worth a try

BIGALX58

Thanks for your replies. After doing some digging, I found out that running the program again from start to finish fixes the problem. I guess you must let the program finish...but it does take a long time to do its thing!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online