Solved: Hard Drive in an enclosure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adventomega

I need more space on my computer. I want to put a hard drive into an external enclosure. However I am afraid of compatability issues between the hard drive I buy and the enclosure I buy. What do I need to know to make sure I don't have a problem? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
PS ..
I don't like fooling with ribbon cabled without a "pull tab"
These have the ATA connector on the Ckt Bd which makes disassemble a little easier.

They're a little small and don't cool too well but they work great for me.
I'm just kind picky about the power switch, activity indicator and ribbon cable.

Attachments

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I don't think the SATA models that NOYB was linking to would be the first choice, unless you have a SATA drive and an external SATA interface connection...

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Just my luck, when I find something I really like, it seems to go on the endangered species list.
http://secure.newegg.com/app/auNotifyCustomer.asp?DEPA=8&item=17-123-115

CompUsa did the same thing to me last year with this product under the FMI brand, but I was able to find the good twin at Frys and Newegg under the SanMax brand.

All the Google and Newegg searches for HD-338-U2, now point to the wrong product at Newegg ????

This looks like this is the same one but it has USA and Firewire outputs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817123116

Bout time I went looking for another one that has a front panel power switch, or buy a bunch from Frys.

I'd Rather Be ...

Attachments

Adventomega

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
IMO .. Yes - And it looks like a good choice.
Sorry if I got you confused.
John - do you confirm ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online