[SOLVED] Hard Drive is Noisy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AMD750M810LM

My drive is a Fireball Plus As 30.gb 7200rpm and i have checked and this model is suposed to have the top acoustics in all of Maxtor or something like that but it is suposed to be quiet. My motherboard supports it. Its running at udma 100 and its a brand new drive plus i already exchanged the drive for another because it was loud and this one is too. Thanks!

Check maxtor, I know they have a download that quites some drives down, I think it slows performance a little.
Not sure if it applies to yours or not

AMD750M810LM

thanks but i checked and theres only ones for the Dimond Max Drives preety stupid how Maxtor does that.

AMD750M810LM

i checked quantum archrives but thers nothing and quantum and maxtor are the same because they merged

all I can say is try one more and see if it is the same way but I have a maxtor and it is not loud so you might be getting some bad ones even thought two in a row is alot

AMD750M810LM

acually i already took another back and now people say theres just a thing u have to do to fix it Thanks though. Do u think it could be because its an 7200 rpm and if so how could i turn down the speed. What rpm and specs are your Maxtor Drives that are quiet

mine is the maxtor dimond it runs at 7200 and I have not heared of slowing one down maybe someone else has

AMD750M810LM

ya i think maxtor should just give me a whole new model that isnt loud because they promised that my drive is supossed to be quiet. And has any one heard of slowing down the RPM so it is quieter

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by stanggt2
if it is a fireball it should be a Quantum hard drive not a maxtor
Just an FYI..... Maxtor bought Quantum :)

Last summer I returned a non functioning Quantum bigfoot 6 gig and was given a free replacement by Maxtor quantum fireball plus 40 gig 7200 rpm and have not had any problems, it is very quiet, no noise at all.

If you want to change the acoustic level go HERE scroll down to "IBM Feature Tool (version 1.40)". It will work on non-IBM drives , it also gives you a larger range of levels to set the drive to...The Maxtor utility only has 3 options...

Have fun....:D

AMD750M810LM

Thanks everyone the IBM Feature Tool fixed it up so i cant even hear it and the performance is even better! Thanks!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online