Solved: Hard Drive Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jaguar4600

My computer runs Window 7 and Internet Explorer and my Internet provider is Comcast. Comcast has a system called Constant Guard that notifys me of a problem with my system. The other day CG flashed a message that Google Chrome was taking up space on my Hard Drive. I have never downloaded Chrome so I searched my programs and it is not there. How do I determine if Chrome is on my computer and taking up hard drive space? Thanks for your reply.:(:confused:

jaguar4600

I went into Start and viewed "all programs". But, after your reply, I clicked on all the selections and found the page where programs were listed to "uninstall" and I did find Chrome there so I uninstalled it. Thanks for your reply.

You probably had Chrome installed as part of a download you did sometime recently. I make a practice of NEVER clicking the "Express" install, but always do the "Custom" install of any downloaded program, utilities in particular. If the downloaded software also contains any extra stuff (toolbars, browsers, etc.), using the custom install lets you uncheck them so they are not installed. The option is there, but you have to use it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online