1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hard Drive Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jaguar4600, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jaguar4600

jaguar4600 Thread Starter

My computer runs Window 7 and Internet Explorer and my Internet provider is Comcast. Comcast has a system called Constant Guard that notifys me of a problem with my system. The other day CG flashed a message that Google Chrome was taking up space on my Hard Drive. I have never downloaded Chrome so I searched my programs and it is not there. How do I determine if Chrome is on my computer and taking up hard drive space? Thanks for your reply.:(:confused:

2. raybro

raybro

How did you do that? Add/Remove programs? Windows Explorer? Search inquiry?

3. jaguar4600

jaguar4600 Thread Starter

I went into Start and viewed "all programs". But, after your reply, I clicked on all the selections and found the page where programs were listed to "uninstall" and I did find Chrome there so I uninstalled it. Thanks for your reply.

4. raybro

raybro

You probably had Chrome installed as part of a download you did sometime recently. I make a practice of NEVER clicking the "Express" install, but always do the "Custom" install of any downloaded program, utilities in particular. If the downloaded software also contains any extra stuff (toolbars, browsers, etc.), using the custom install lets you uncheck them so they are not installed. The option is there, but you have to use it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice