Solved: hard drive wont work in laptop but will work externelly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

playme123

Got a second hand 40gb hard drive for my smasung vm7000 as the one its got is tiny. When inserted hard drive into lappy it comes up with disk read error press control alot del. However if put this in external closure works fine. This hd has win xp on it and still has some docs on it which the seller has asked me to copy to cd for him. Do I need to formatt and reload xp on it to work. Please help guys as am trying to give an aging laptop a new lease of life(and yes im upgrading the ram):eek:

playme123

solved it myself, formatted the drive and re installed windows its working fine now have 40gb instead of a paltry 6gb yippeeeeeee

playme123

took the files of before reformatted and there now on cd, cheeky git said would send blank cd and he aint. In two minds whether to send him the cd

He might send you blank one when you've sent him his files.
CD's are as cheap as chips anyway, it's not a huge loss...

playme123

I know there cheap, and postage aint that much either. It took me a wee while to do though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online