1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Harddrive Replacement for laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sladeownsyou, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sladeownsyou

sladeownsyou Thread Starter

Specs:
    MSI PR400 NoteBook Intel Pentium dual-core T3400(2.16GHz) 14" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 250GB HDD DVD Super Multi Intel GMA X3100

Problem:
    Replacing my old harddrive, i had dropped the laptop and smashed the LCD, ez repair cost me 40 bucks. Loaded it up Bios still worked registered all of the hardware so i thought i was in the clear. Go to boot from HDD gave me a disk error and press ctrlaltdel to restart, went to reinstal OS from disc, so boot from disc, gave me a bootmngr error, so my guess is the HDD is shot, so gonna have to replace, now ive never replaced a completely shot HDD on a laptop, always my replacments have been for an upgrade sake, and i just copied all the info over via a USB HDD hub. Now how do i go about putting the OS and settings onto this new HDD. Im at a complete loss here. SO any info would help. thank you

I also have another thread on here addressing the original HDD problem, not much there.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since the old drive is physically damaged, you have to reinstall Windows from an installation or recovery disk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/819006

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice