Solved: Hardware and Software Firewalls together ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Star Raker58

Hi All,

I have just started to use a Linksys ADSL2 AG241 Gateway. I am also using Comodo Firewall.

Question is :- As the Linksys AG241 has its own built in firewall, can I safely uninstall Comodo or would it be best to use both :confused:

Your thoughts and advice would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks :)

i suppose the perfect answer would be yes run both. i however am just running windows firewall with the two i have built into the router (NAT and SPI). i was using comodo as i read that it was the best free firewall on the net, but for some reason it didnt seem to take to the pc very well. i dont know why maybe it was me i dont know. iwas getting fed up with it when i read that windows with the two built in would be sufficient.

Star Raker58

Thanks for your reply gollum . I have now unistalled Comodo and switched the XP firewall on. A fair speed increase !! Will see how things go.
Thanks again (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online