1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: hardware profile/ configuration recovery menu problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lehatche, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lehatche

lehatche Thread Starter

I have just completed a system recovery on a Dell Insiron B130 laptop with XP Home. I used the recovery partion to put it back to factory. The first thing I usually do after a recovery of a machine this old is remove all the Junk program files and then update. After this at bootup I get a bunch of beeps (black screen with blue bar at the top) then bootup stops on this (hardware profile configuration recovery menu) there is only one profile (Profile One) and I have to hit enter because there is no timer. I have changed the timer to zero under hardware profile, there is only 1 profile listed and it is Default. After a reboot it still does the same thing. I hope someone can help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!