1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hardware/Windows Shared Memory Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Corei69, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Corei69

Corei69 Thread Starter

Ok so I realize this Thread is supposed to be for Hardware However my Question is both a Hardware and Software related Question so here goes.

First My System Info.

Foxconn A88GMV Mobo

AMD Phenom II x2 555BE 3.2Ghz (Unlocked via Core Release) to AMD Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz
    Mushkin 4Gb DDR3 1333 2x 2Gb PC3 10600 Dual Channel Mode
    Integrated IGP AMD Radeon HD 4250 Graphics
    300Watt HP Server Power Supply
    In A Dell Dimension 2400 Mini Tower Case
    Added an AMD 3200rpm CPU Fan behind the Air Scoop in the front Bezel/Face Plate
    Rear System Fan is an Insanely High CFM + Pressure Generic 3200rpm 120mm Case Fan
    CPU Cooler is Stock AMD AM3/AM3+ 3200rpm Heatsink Fan Combo
    Optical Drive - Philips Dual Layer DVD-RAM/DVD-R/W Sata-3 5.25"
    HDD1 750Gb Toshiba Sata-3 2.5"
    HDD2 1.5Tb Toshiba Sata-3 2.5"
    HDD3 1.5Tb Toshiba Sata-3 2.5"
    PCI-1 5 Port USB 2.0 Hub Card
    PCI-2 PCI to PCMCIA Adapter Card w/ Netgear RangeMax WPN-511 WiFi Card Inserted
    5.25" Bay-2 is an 5.25" to 3.5" HDD Adapter Tray with Vents and 2x USB 2.0 Connected to Mobo
    Bottom 2x USB 2.0 in Front Face Plate/Bezel Connected to Mobo
    Currently Running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Ok Now Comes The Fun Part :)

So the problem that I am having is this. In the BIOS I can either set my Graphics Card to Auto-128Mb-256Mb-or-512MB Now that is fine by me However Said HyperMemory is more than enough to meat my modest needs, and when I go into Windows, Windows see's that hey you have 256Mb or 512MB etc,.. However that is not enough for Windows NOPE damn Microsoft have to force the Issue making it so that Windows then STEALS Another 1.9Gb of my RAM for Shared Video Memory. .....Deep Breath...... What I want to know is this Since windows sees the HyperMemory as Dedicated Video RAM is there Some way that I can FORCE Windows to Not be allowed to Steal even more RAM for Shared Memory I would like to have my system set up so that the Only Video Memory will be the HyperMemory that I have told the BIOS to Allocate to my Video Card. And Is what I want to do even remotely possible????

Any Help In This Matter Will Be Greatly Appreciated :) Thank You In Advance!!

2. Corei69

Corei69 Thread Starter

So many people reading this post yet not one of you guys has any information on this issue? I find it hard to believe that not one single person who has read this post so far knows anything about this..... I guess I will wait a while longer but if the numbers of readers keeps climbing and still no one has any advice on this subject than I guess I will be forced to find a different site in order to get help.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  4. Corei69

Corei69 Thread Starter

Thank you for the information and also I appologize for the Disguised swearing I am just so fed up with Windows but Linux does not support any of the good games or software that I like :( Anyways I am going to that link now and will read it and study up on it because that just drives me insane...

5. Corei69

Corei69 Thread Starter

I greatly appreciate your help in this matter after reading that article I have learned a whole lot about windows memory allocation regarding video cards. That was exactly the information I needed. (y) (y)

Thank you for solving my Problem :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice