1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Having trouble installing Paintshop Photo 2010(by Corel)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by xcellxcell, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xcellxcell

xcellxcell Thread Starter

I have recently done a recovery of the OS and now re-installing software that isn't working anymore. Corel's paintshop Photo seems to need the .net librairies. I currently have installed: .net 1.1, .net framework 4 client profile, MS Plus! digital media edition, 2 version of C++ 2005 redistributable, 2 versions of C++ 2008 redistributable - x86, MS visual J# .net Redis 1.1 and 2 versions of MSXML 4.0 SP2.

I have had issues with .net before and asked MS to help and they screwed up my computer to the point I had to reinstall the OS. I think this forum is a much better resource to get answers and direction on how to make things work properly, you people do a great job!

Let me know if I have to un-install a bunch of these programs and re-install in a proper sequence so I can eventually install Corel Paintshop Photo. Another side note to this program is when I had it installed before the OS recovery, it ran extremly slow and would often shut down in the middle of an operation, some tips or tuning of my system might be required to address this issue too.

Thanks, here is my info:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2047 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (Microsoft Corporation), 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 108793 MB, Free - 56554 MB; D: Total - 5681 MB, Free - 996 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., A7N8X-LA, Rev 1.xx, X312345678
    Antivirus: TELUS security services Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. pip22

pip22

"when I had it installed before the OS recovery, it ran extremly slow and would often shut down"

That's probably because you're system is below the minimum recommended requirements for PaintShop Photo 2010.
    Corel say's it needs at least a dual-core CPU whereas your system has only a single-core CPU.

3. xcellxcell

Found the requirements: Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz or higher. I guess 'Duo' means Dual. Does the '64 X2' mean 64 bit system? Can I just upgrade the motherboard or does it much more complicated than that especially if it becomes a 64 bit(means new OS I'm guessing)?

Should I worry about the .Net installation issues? I did try to upgrade to 3.5 but it failed and doesn't really tell me why......?

4. xcellxcell

Just bought an intel dual core...........problem solved!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice