Solved: Having trouble installing XP on my newly built machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Anoman05

So i just got finished installing everything into my new computer. I put in my Windows XP and it runs like it should. It gets to the screen where I need to hit enter to continue. I forgot to plug in keyboard beforehand, and it didn't read teh keyboard when i then plugged it in. I reset the computer with the keyboard plugged in. Now it reads the keyboard and it motherboard screen pops, but instead of going to the XP installer It is a black screen with a "_" blinking in the top left hand of the screen. Please Help!

start over, I would get the hdd makers utility and write zeros to the drive, format it for XP ntfs format and then restart the pc with the XP disk in and install.

Is the keyboard usb or ps2? Unplug it and see if the install continues. If it does then the keyboard may be a problem. Is anything else plugged into usb ports? If yes remove whatever is except for mouse and keyboard if keyboard determined ok.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online