1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: **Having Trouble installing XP Pro??? Help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ~Merlin~, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ~Merlin~

~Merlin~ Thread Starter

I am trying to install winXP Pro I set the system's bios to read the CD first.
    Now the system can not see any of the RAID HDD's? Help I have been pulling my hair out over this thing? Any one have an Idea???? please, please!
    thanks
    ~T~

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi. We need to know the PC manufacturer and model, or motherboard model, and number of IDE and SATA hard drives.

3. ~Merlin~

~Merlin~ Thread Starter

this is a black box model With 2 IDE Drives 1BIT-TH7 is marked on the Mother Board?...does that help any?.. thank you really for your time.

4. Frank4d

You mean ABIT TH7?

5. ~Merlin~

~Merlin~ Thread Starter

Yes....

6. Frank4d

7. ~Merlin~

~Merlin~ Thread Starter

theres something called HPT370 Bio Setting Utility. it shows there is only one HDD there. But windows will not install to it. XP Error Keeps stating there is no HDD present? and thoughts?

8. Frank4d

I am not experienced setting up RAID arrays so will defer that to someone else. However, the BIOS should still detect both drives. What IDE connectors are the drives plugged into (1-4)? And the jumper settings on the drives (master, slave or CS)?

9. ~Merlin~

~Merlin~ Thread Starter

Ribbon cable has both HDD on them. set to master / slave repectively. I think the issue is coming from the software that the RAID wants to use. I think its keeping the regular Bios from seeing 2 Drives.?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice