1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HDMI To Display Port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by drips702, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drips702

drips702 Thread Starter

ok so heres my question i need to know if this setup will work for me...i just bought my ps3 and i dont wanna buy a tv becouse my room is already crouded with things so i want to try to hook up my ps3 to my moniter...

i already have an hdmi cable..but my moniter is not dvi its VGA(blue)...i cant seen to find an adapter that is withing my price range $10-$35... i have to adapters one is DVI(male) to VGA(female) and i have another adapter a DVI(male)to hdmi(female)

so what kind of adapter should i buy in order for this to work .........or if its even posible..meaning if my moniter will support this??

my moniter is a IBM Lenovo ThinkVision L171
    -------------LINK-----------------------------------
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=EbP0TumjKMqgiAKzhqSCDQ&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAw

so plz let me now..if i could it will be perfect..lol

-------------------------EDIT------------------

iv done some searching and would it work if i buy this VGA(male)to DVI(female) and connect it to the adapter that i already have( DVI(male)toHDMI), then hook my HDMI cable to that then the other end to my ps3....??????????????

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Afraid adapters aren't going to work.
    SVGA outputs an analog signal.
    HDMI is digital.
    You would need a signal converter and those aren't very cheap.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice