1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hdmi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crsaj, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new laptop with HDMI. The vidio works fine but I can not get the sound to run through my TV. I don't know if there is something turned off on the laptop. The sound only comes through the laptop. All help is appreciated. Chuck

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    switch to the HDMI sound
    control panel >sound>you should have a HDMI sound output there - see if that is selected

3. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

I checked that and there is nothing related to HDMI.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    In device manager - what do you have under sound devices

example is in this image http://www.sevenforums.com/attachme...-no-audio-intel-hdmi-audio-device-manager.jpg
    And from control panel> sound an example image
    http://img.techpowerup.org/090722/nosound.jpg

can you post yours

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
    To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

5. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Under sounds I have "Intel (R) Display Audio" and Realtek High Definition Audio"

Nothing happens when I try a print screen by pressing ALT and PrtSc. Also, don't know where the Paint app is, etc.

I can not find HDMI listed anywhere. I'm using Windows 7 on a new Acer Laptop.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    that should be it - when you have the HDMI cable plugged into the TV and laptop whats the status of that

Paint is
    start>programs>accessories>paint
    try just print screen, that will copy an image snapshot of your screen onto the clipboard - when you open paint and paste your screen snapshot should appear

7. crsaj

crsaj Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help but I have resolved the problem. I needed to right click the volume icon bottom of monitor and then select one of the audio icons other than "speakers". That enabled both the laptop speakers and the hdmi audio. Now both vidio and audio are working when plugged in for streaming movies to the tv. Thanks, especially now I now how to use print screen and paint. Chuck

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for taken the time to let us know (y)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice