1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HDTV Blue Tint Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sert, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sert

sert Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my HDTV in that it displays a blue tint across the entire screen when trying to play DVD's or Standard Definition inputs. The built in television tuner works fine, as does the PC that connected and also the XBox all display perfectly fine, however should I try to use the Wii or the PS2, both connected to different ports by different wires, the screen has a blue tint. This, oddly, also happens if I try to play DVD's with the XBox.

Does anyone know what is causing this rather specific problem and, even more helpfully, how to fix it? Any help would go a long way.

Cheers.

2. sert

sert Thread Starter

In the end I had to have the television serviced. Apparently this problem arises as a result of a faulty internal circuit so there is no easy solution.

For anyone having a similar problem my television was a Samsung LE40B530P7WXXU. In order to preform a full reset you'll need to hold the "Exit" button on the remote for about 10 seconds. It then gives you the option to reset back to factory settings. If this doesn't solve your issue then its a hardware fault.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice