1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Header not included in mail merge

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dmgaddy, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmgaddy

dmgaddy Thread Starter

Have a Word 2003 document that has an image for its' header and footer. Have setup the merge fields, formated the document and, all is well until . . .

When I merge to new document(s), the header and footer are not there.

I have checked the option to include background images and colors, but still, no header.

What am I missing (besides my header and footer) :confused:

Thanks,

DG

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

When you merge to a new document, that is just what it is - a new document.
    Headers and footers reside with a specific document. What happens in a mailmerge is you transfer a series of docs to one document - headers/footers are not part of the data transferred. Neither would comments, tracking notes, etc. be in the new document.

3. dmgaddy

dmgaddy Thread Starter

My solution, after you pushed me in the right direction was to create a new document template which included the Header and footer, then added it to Word (Tools --> Templates and Add-Ins --> Add --> MyTemplate.dot

Now I merge to file (so they can verify it all worked - duh! :rolleyes: ) and the document has the header placed correctly every third page. Yea!

I don't hafta work late tonight, (y)
    I don't hafta work late tonight, (y)

Sorry, bit childish

Not enough C8H10N4O2 today means I need some C9H8O4 now.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

1. Bravo!
    2. I love your final line there!!!
    3. I should have said this before - welcome to the Forum!!!
    4. Please use the Thread Tools at the top of the page to mark this thread as Solved.
    See you around!!!

5. dmgaddy

dmgaddy Thread Starter

Done and Thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice