1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Headers (et al) in Word 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Brookston, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brookston

Brookston Thread Starter

I planned to seek help from TSG about finding an easier way of getting into headers in the MSWord 2007. Word had changed rather drastically from the previous version and I found the new version unnecessarily complicated when it came to dealing with headers.

But before posting, I decided to look at the situation very carefully once more so I could describe the issue accurately. Lo, and behold, I discovered the existence of something called the "Quick Access Toolbar." Now maybe you knew all about that, if so, this post is not for you.

Right-click on an empty place on the top menu bar to the right of the menu items (Home, Insert, Page Layout, etc). When you do that, you will see a menu window appear that provides these options: "Customize Quick Access Toolbar," "Show Quick Access Toolbar Above (or below) the Ribbon," and "Minimize the Ribbon" (The Ribbon being the entire collection of menu icons and subdivisions).

In the Customization Window that appears, you can select items from the extensive list of items in the left column and move them to the "to be included" (my term) column on the right by means of a directional arrow betweem the columns in the middle. You can also remove things you don't want by selecting them in the right column and using the directional arrow between the columns to move them back into the "items from which to select" column on the left.

Note that you can change the order of how the short-cut icons will appear by using the up and down arrows to the right of the column on the right (which you might also call the "active" list).

I find that I can now go quickly to functions I use regularly without having to "jump through so many hoops" so to speak.

I hope this helps other users of MS Word 2007.
    :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!