1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Headphone problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Godmyeyesarebad!, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godmyeyesarebad!

Godmyeyesarebad! Thread Starter

First Name:
    Stuart
    Hello,

I've got a problem with my new Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones inasmuch as when I plug the jack into either the front or rear phone slot on my PC, no sound comes from them when I play a video or some music.

They work - I've tried them with my Kindle and also 'tested' them through the Realtek control panel but whatever I do, I cannot get sound from them for video/music files.

The sound system at the moment is connected to the optical socket at the rear of the computer. There is nothing connected to the analog socket. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager window under Speaker Configuration the 6 Analog buttons on the RHS of the window are greyed out. The Front Panel green and pink buttons are active. The strange thing is that if I press the Auto Test blue button on the right of the Speaker Configuration box, the test works through the headphones and that’s the only time it works when plugged into the PC. If I remove the headphones and do the same test for the speakers, the test doesn’t work, yet the speakers operate perfectly using my normal viewing/listening setup.

My computer details are: AMD Phenom 6 core 1055T, Windows 7, Gigabyte GA870A-UD3 mobo, Realtek HD Audio Manager, Logitech Z5500 sound system.

I’m sure it’s just a question of a tick in the box, but which box do I tick?

I’ve spent the last 3 hours fiddling around with things and come to the end of what knowledge I have so it’s time to call in the experts.

I thought it would be just a case of plugging the jack in and it would automatically mute the speakers and operate the headphone (as with the Kindle for example).

I know it seems I’ve been a bit long-winded, but I wanted to give as many details as possible so have you got any ideas please.

Many thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice