1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Heatsink fan push or pull ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crazy craig, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy craig

crazy craig Thread Starter

I have Zalman CNPS10X heatsink which takes up a lot of room I would like to and some ram but the fan covers two dimms . Will it be as effective cooling if I mount the fan on the backside so it will pull air threw heatsink or should it be mounted on the front so it pushes air threw? This is in a Antec 300 case. I plan on installing a 120mm in the front of the case to pull air in.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

The heatsink doesn't know which way the air comes from so the cooling effect will be the same. Just make sure the fan is pulling air through the heatsink so you don't have a situation where if you were pushing air from rear to front it would collide with the air being pulled in by the 120mm fan.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!