1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by angeltruck, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angeltruck

angeltruck Thread Starter

If I leave my internet connection plugged in to the computer or plug it in after I turn on the computer it goes blue screen. If I go safe mode it is the only way I can use the internet. My computer acts fine when the internet is not plugged in. Any suggestions ?

2. Dude044

Dude044

Hi angeltruck .Abit more info would help people with solving this either look in the event viewer .Start - Control Panel - Preformance and Maintrenance -Admin tools - Event Viewer or disable XP from rebooting on bsod , Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System
    Go to Advanced
    Under the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings...
    Under System Failure un-check "Automatically restart"
    then write down the error message and post it back here .

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Can you tell us how long this problem has existed? If recent have you tried a "system restore"?

To try a System Restore, run msconfig and choose "launch system restore" and select a date a few days prior to the problem.

--------------------------

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may also wish to try "Clean Boot" troubleshooting techiniques >>

CLEAN BOOT TROUBLESHOOTING technique

First, restart in Safe Mode if necessary -- (tap the f8 key promptly on startup and choose the Safe Mode option from the boot menu) or Normal mode

Then:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup items" on the general page.

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

>> writen for Vista but applies just as well to XP

4. angeltruck

Dude044 my blue screen says DRIVER_IRZL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then the usual about the first time seen screen and restart bla bla bla
    the technical information is
    STOP:0x000000D1(ox00000000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000000)
    I have not installed or uninstalled anything new. It started 1 week ago and I have tried system restore and it still goes to blue screen.

5. angeltruck

Rollin' Rog I tried the things you said and then I did the last clean boot technique. So far that seems to have worked I had a problem with a service called true vector int mont and once I unchecked it no more blue screen. In a couple of days I will let you guys know whether or not this worked and has stayed working with no adverse effects or new problems. Blue screen hopefully will stay away from me and my computer. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're welcome -- that is ZoneAlarm . It would be a good idea to uninstall and return to the Windows firewall for a test period.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice