Solved: Help!CD WRITER NOT WRITING!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sportscrazy

My Cd Burner recently stopped working. Whenever I try to burn a CD the option on the right isn't there (Write these files to CD). Sometimes it says that a CD isn't inserted or when it does start to burn when I click next it says that there is no CD inserted when there is. (I'm using a C-RW)...If someone knows what the problem is please tell me! I would greatly appreciate it!

Go to "device manager" and uninstall the cd writers drivers and reboot your computer.

sportscrazy said:
My Cd Burner recently stopped working. Whenever I try to burn a CD the option on the right isn't there (Write these files to CD). Sometimes it says that a CD isn't inserted or when it does start to burn when I click next it says that there is no CD inserted when there is. (I'm using a C-RW)...If someone knows what the problem is please tell me! I would greatly appreciate it!

I know this is an old message but I recently had the same thing happen and I bought a CD cleaner and it did the trick simple as that

sportscrazy

Where's the device manager? and by the cd writer drivers u mean like Nero Express or something? Thanks for trying can u leave just a little bit of steps im not so sure about wat to do...Thanks

This is for xp and might be a bit different for ME.98 etc

Start>control panel>system>hardware tab>Device manager. Look in DVD/CD-rom drives for your writer, double click it and you should see drivers. Click uninstall. It will reinstall the drivers when restart your machine.

Wont hurt it one little bit. It may not solve the problem though but its a good place to start.

You could also click "my computer" right click your cd drive and then "properties" then open the recording tab and see if "enable recording on this drive" is checked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online