1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help finding WD 500GB HD 5400rpm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vistanoob18, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vistanoob18

vistanoob18 Thread Starter

Hey guys, just a quick plead for help. I want to pick up two 500GB 5400rpm Western Digital hard drives for my dell1720. Problem is I can't find them anywhere. Can someone please help?

And I don't want to go through overclockers because I've read too many horrow stories from people buying there and I'm throwing down some serious cash on these babies.

2. BG-0

BG-0

3. vistanoob18

The western digital is a two platter and has posted some very nice results in tests. I don't know anything about the samsung. Could you provide some info like reliability and is it a quality product?

I know that western digital hard drives come from highly recommended from a lot of respectable people I know. I also know it was just recently released and might be a couple weeks before it hits most stores. I was just hoping someone out there had it.

4. BG-0

BG-0

5. vistanoob18

Thanks for that. I just ordered the WD today from newegg.

6. BG-0

BG-0

Cool. I couldn't find the Scorpio Blue from newegg.. Sorry :eek:
    That is actually the better deal, having free shipping.

7. vistanoob18

I like the free shipping and it just came on newegg today. I searched for it all yesterday and it wasn't there. I was actually giving up on it today and looking for a 320 when I ran into by fate's hand I guess.

8. BG-0

BG-0

Lol. Well, great that you found it.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice