1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help for troubleshooting hardware problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by virri1000, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virri1000

virri1000 Thread Starter

hi i am having a computer problem. i am experiencing windows freezes sometimes pointer freezes on screen or the screen is black or pc restarts, also every program crashes. i have formated pc but it keeps freezing.i was also having some problems with the psu it was giving loud noises and the pc speaker was beeping, after cleaning that problem was away, but i am afraid that mb was damaged because of psu, i saw some rusting capacitors near cpu.
    i tested ram, disk and no problems about that.
    sometimes i recive these errors
    100000c5
    and
    100000d1

a7v266-mx
    amd athlon xp 2400+
    768mb ram
    soundmax ad1980
    via/s3g km400/km266

sorry for my bad english

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

If the motherboard capacitors are swollen (bulging), leaning to one side (not perpendicular to the motherboard) or leaking a brownish looking fluid then the motherboard is kaput.

3. virri1000

virri1000 Thread Starter

yes capacitors are bulging and leaking brownish fluid
    thanks for reply!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice