1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help getting driver for Radeon HD 4650.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonysou, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

This is a old video card. it is going into a old sony vaio pcv-rs 422x with windows 7 ultimate 32bit. I tried getting from amd but I can't seem to install it. Plsss someone help me! :) It also has efx written on card.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Go here Driver, or is this the driver you have already tried.

3. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

is there a certain way to install it? Such as going to application and running as admin? Idk it's not installing properly. When I right click my desktop I don't see ati catylist..

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

So you are looking to also install the Catalyst Control Center.

5. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

Sure or the driver itself.. It seems I have installed it. But right click on desktop and nothing. There's something that says "Open Elevated Command Window Here" is that anything to do with it? I don't recall ever seeing this. I just resinstall os. So it's from the very beginning. S I installed it and it goes through it's process. But after it's done nothing has change. My resolution is still low. I don't see what I normally see when I install drivers from ati. Sry for not giving every bit of details.. Just trying my best. :)

6. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

I think I have to locate file and run it compatible to windows vista or 7 or something. I think it's because its not compatible with windows 7. I troubleshoot the compatibility.. It seems it's not compatible and detecting additionally issue.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  8. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

Somehow during installation. It says to create a ati folder somewhere. But I can't seem to locate it. Is it in all programs. I was trying to locate application and run it compatible with vista. Still not sure how to do that. could really use help on how to do that.

9. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

Yes it's a agp version.. I think I tried installing this same driver as well tripple6.. But u are correct and is there a way to install it or get it going?

10. tonysou

tonysou Thread Starter

It worked.. Now I tried the agp version and it installed correctly. Thx for help everyone! U guys are the best! tyvm.. Solved.

11. Mark1956

Mark1956

You got there in the end, well done.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025065

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice