1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by allheart55, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allheart55

allheart55 Thread Starter

[​IMG]

I'm having some real issues with my Dell XPS 400 and I'm desperately seeking help. I'm running WinXP Pro and this pc
    is only about 16 months old. It has the original factory installed ram (1 gig) , a 320 gig hard drive and the processor is an
    Intel ViiV. I have been getting a blue error screen with ***Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check
    / Memory Parity Error - System was halted*** that lasted for a few hours. I had to hold the power button in for several seconds each time
    to shut it down. I ran both the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic tests, as well as the Memtest 86 , each several times. The results were always
    "no memory errors". I attempted a few times, unsucessfully, using the F11 key to reach the Acronis recovery partition. I booted using my XP
    disk but was unable to re-install. Windows would begin to load and then the blue screen with the same error message would occur. Finally,
    I was able to access the Acronis recovery manager and restore my pc but on reboot it began to run ChkDsk. Now it keeps rebooting and running
    a new disk check over and over and over..........................I have tried to cancel the ChkDsk using the keyboard but it keeps running. I'm at a loss, as to what else,
    if anything I can do, (besides ripping my hair out by the roots)

2. allheart55

allheart55 Thread Starter

UPDATE: I was waiting for the Dell hardware diagnostics test results to finish. It took several hours and basically the same result as the memory tests. No hardware failure, I'm thinking motherboard?

3. SB305

SB305

M$ has a full procedure to follow which you'll find - plus some interesting forum discussions - if you Google that exact error report.
    Love your avatars! :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/653094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice