1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help - html newsletter

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ms_khw, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Hope someone can help. I am trying to create an html newsletter, (roundcube) but none of the images show up. I've uploaded my images to my cpanel's image folder and have been using my personal email for testing. I know that allow images has been enabled in my mail and I have added it to my contact list, so the problem does not lie there I'm sure. I'd really appreciate any help.

2. DrP

DrP

Have you tried uploading a copy of the email somewhere online?

3. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

Yes I tried uploading the email, but it was a no-go???

4. DrP

DrP

Address?

5. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

6. DrP

DrP

How are you referencing your images in the actual email? The same as the example uploaded? In the example, you've used relative urls like 'images/image.jpg', which is fine when it's on the web. Doing the same in the email, though, will result in the images going missing. Instead, you should use an absolute url, like 'http://huffshouses.com/images/image.jpg'.

Have you tried that?

7. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

8. ms_khw

ms_khw Thread Starter

I tried it again and this time it worked! I must have missed something in the image location. I can't thank you enough! msk

9. DrP

DrP

No probs!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice