[SOLVED] Help! I have lost the bottom of my desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

weldor

I came hame at noon and turned on my puter and the botom of my desktop including taskbar and all were rolled up about two inches from the bottom of my screen, like you do a page curl in photo shop. I can straighten it out by using the screen size controls on the bottom of my monitor but when I get it rolled back so it is showing properly I have a black strip about two inches wide on the bottom.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I have run Spybot, Adaware,and HijackThis none show any nastys.

Gateway, Win98, AVG, 128meg ram, and the above mentioned.

By left clicking on your taskbar and holding it down - you should be able to move it to any of the 4 edges of your screen by releasing the left click up against any edge of your screen. Try moving it to the top and see if you get the 2" gap up there as well - then move it back to the bottom

weldor

I guess I am not explaining this correctly. It's not just my taskbar it'd the whole bottom two inches of the screen, taskbar,desktop background and all. You can see the taskbar but it is rolled over with part of the desktop. Looks just like the page curl done with Photoshop.

I am hoping it's a monitor problem?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Can you give us a print screen shot of it?

And have you tried rebooting? Did this JUST happen? If so, perhaps we can try a boot to command prompt and scanreg /restore to yesterday.

weldor

If you will tell me how to get a print of it I would post it.

Did a scanreg/restore to yesterday. No help

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Can you try one or two days back?

You hit the print screen, then you can paste it into a file....duh, I'm not too sure how to do it myself.......

Help! Anyone else out there?????

weldor

I got the print screen to show in Notepad but it does not show the bottom curled as it is on the screen, it looks like it should.

Thanks for all the help I will try to get another monitor to try tomrrow and will let you know what happens.

Sounds like a monitor problem to me ...

in which case a screenshot would not show it.

( for a screenshot, the 'Print Scrn' key puts it to clipboard,
then paste to your image/picture program. I use Mspaint
which converts to jpg in the save as)

John :)

Those instructions to do a screenshot might be too brief ...
so heres a longer version ...

Get on the monitor the display you want,
press the print screen key,
open MSpaint (or other pic/image prog if you want),
edit,
paste, (trim if necessary),
File,
Save as,
drop down on 'save as type',
choose jpg/jpeg,
save.

Use the post reply button, not the quick reply button,
pick attachment, browse for it,
you have to include words in the post,
submit.

Best of luck with it, John:)

not all versions of Mspaint include the conversion
for jpg/jpeg, you wont know til you try it.

Best of luck, John :)

Yes it sounds like a monitor problem. I have a TV at home that the top inch rolled over. Not worth repairing but it shows those letterbox movies fine. :) Anyway try a different monitor on your system or try your monitor on someone elses computer to see if the problem follows the monitor. If so its probably time to buy a new one. BOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online