[SOLVED] Help! Ie 6 Has Ruined My Life!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ricardodelian

Hello everybody...

I'm really lost on this one so I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this...

About three months ago I downloaded the most recent version of IE 6...you know...with all the Yahoo! stuff that comes with it....I then wanted to turn my attention to downloading a newer version of Netscape Communicator...so I deleted my old Netscape...but to my surprise...I can't download anything off of the Netscape site...when I get to the download screen (using IE6...the only browser I have left now...)...I'm immediately shuttled to this blank, white screen with a strange symbol in the upper left corner.....but this isn't where it ends....

I also have AudioGalaxy...the MP3 swapping site...and I was requested by them to download a newer version...which I can't seem to do with my new IE 6....is there a reason for this? I also can't seem to download other software like SwapNut.....each time...I get that strange white screen with the symbol in the upper left corner...

I really miss Netscape...so if someone could please help me with this I would be forever indebted to you....

Please respond to me through this site and via e-mail....I thank you in advance for your time....

- Ricardo:confused:

strange

have you tried the repair option?

go to:

control panel
add/remove programs
microsoft internet explorer 6 and internet tools
add/remove
repair internet explorer
ok

see if that helps

otherwise, try finding a copy of netscape from a cd or a 3rd party supplier

but it sounds like a corrupt install, been using ie6 for a few months now and very pleased with it - no more crashes and weird behaviour like i used to get with earlier versions

Try this. Go to start >run and type regedit. Press enter.
Navigate to (the same as in Explorer, Click the + signs)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Plugins

Under Plugins you will see another key(yellow folder) named extension. Right click on it and delete it. Do not confuse this with another key further up named extensions. This is a subkey of Plugins.

As insurance, before you do this make a full reg backup on your desktop. If you make a mistake and delete the wrong key, double click on reg.reg and you will be back where you were. Go to Start>run and type

regedit /e reg.reg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online