Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Help, laptop only works in safe mode, hangs up in normal mode.

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TheShooter93 
#1 ·
Not sure exactly what happened but couple days ago the laptop started to hang up or freeze when I tried to run any application, such as a browser, control panel, and even task manager. If I need to turn it off I have to hold the power button which I know is not good but otherwise I would not be able to reboot. If I go into safe mode I can use the computer somewhat sluggish but I can at least open up programs and even get on the internet. I cannot do system restore as this had been turned off. I had a conflicting driver issue that I installed, but that has not helped, I dont know what else to do. Please help this is my only computer.

#3 ·
Ok so it only happened a couple of days ago? think back, did you install anything prior to this happening? or did you download something? maybe an update to a 3rd party app?
If so boot up in safe mode and delete whatever it was that you downloaded/updated immediately prior to this problem, another thing run a complete system scan use something like malwarebytes to check if you've been infected with anything.
Post back with the results so that we can look further into it if required.

#4 ·
Click Start.

In the search bar type msconfig and hit Enter.

Click the Startup tab.

Take a screenshot(s) showing all items listed and attach the image(s) in your next post.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.