1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help me calculate Income tax.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hirendra7158, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hirendra7158

hirendra7158 Thread Starter

I wish to formulate stepwise formula for calculating Income tax.

"if taxable income is between 100000 to 150000, then it attracts 10% of the amount excess of 100000." [Other wise NO tax]
    "if between 150000 to 250000, then 20% of amount excess of 150000 Plus 5000 of the previous step."
    "if above 250000, then 30% of amount excess of 250000 Plus 20000 AND 5000 of previous STEPS."
    How can I place maximum figure of slabs in each step, when I have income of ,say, 260000.
    I wish to put it step wise, so that 5000 for first slab, then 20000 for next slab and rest in third slab. At the end, The total will be placed.
    Please see my attached txt file after " unwrapping" text in Format of Notepad.
    thanks.

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

Can you say what program you wish to do this in?
    Is it Excel?

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

His attachment states that this will be done in Excel.

Rollin

4. OBP

OBP

Thanks Rollin, I couldn't see the wood for the trees.:(

5. OBP

OBP

hirendra, do you want to have formulae or will Visual Basic do?

6. hirendra7158

Thanks Mr. Rolin and OBP, I am little intermediate in computer ( read Excel) experience and in Visual basic I am afraid I am nill. So I will be highly obliged if you will supply AND EXPLAIN in short tips use of your suggestions of Functions
    Many thanks to all who have taken interest in my problem.

7. OBP

OBP

hirendra, I am not sure if this is what you want?
    I am a little lost by the numbers in the txt document, I am not sure if there are too many zeroes.
    Anyway this version has 3 columns with simple calculations in, 3 with the formulae in and one with the Total Tax.
    Obviously the calculting columns can be hidden.
    If you would rather have a visual basic macro I will create another one for you.

Attached Files:

8. hirendra7158

Many thanks for your patience. I am sorry I had been away for a while and so could not view your reply. I have seen now and think I am satisfied with your reply and method. As for Visual basic it is not necessary, since even if you will give ne simplest answer it would be wasted on me. ( I hardly know anything in VB.)
    hanks again.
    And By the way I do Like your Post scripts...." I do not give up easily".. It has really encouraged me.
    I think this is an end to this thread.
    AAmin.....

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice