Solved: Help me find a Video card driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

axoli45

Hello.For the people who are viewing this,I just got my old PC fixed It didn't have a sound driver or video card driver I went to NIVADA but I`m not an expert at drivers so i was wondering if there is anyone who could recommend me a driver.

System
Dell XP pro
Presition 390

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Right-click MY COMPUTER, then click Properties - Hardware - Device Manager.

What's currently listed there with a ? or ! next to it?

---------------------------------------------------------

What's the 7-character service tag number on the sticker of that Dell?

---------------------------------------------------------

axoli45

I am soo sorry I haven't been able to answer this forum lots have happened. I tried both of those and the ? And ! Are video drivers and display driver

axoli45

-/random\-

So I'm looking inside my pc and I take out the ram card and I must have touched something bad because when I reboot pc it says I loss 1gb of ram D:

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
-/random\-

So I'm looking inside my pc and I take out the ram card and I must have touched something bad because when I reboot pc it says I loss 1gb of ram D:
Not sure why you posted this in someone else's thread, but I'v moved it here.

JustJudy

Judy
In post #7 you say you took out the RAM and then it says you are missing 1GB of RAM. I feel silly asking, but did you put the RAM back in? If so and it continues to show a missing GB then I suggest you unplug the pc, pop the RAM out again and put it back in. You need to make sure the notch lines up perfectly. You need to press VERY firmly. You should hear 2 snapping sounds of both ends locking in.
As for the driver, what knucklehead posted In #9 is correct. Just put in your service tag number and the website will direct you to the correct drivers.

Good luck!

Judy

axoli45

Thank you I will try that tonight

And as for Ram yes I did huck it up right and tight what happened was i has put it upside down then I fixes it but I will also try this latter ,Thanks

axoli45

Thank you I was using my iPod and I hadn't realized I was on a diff thread

axoli45

I did what you told me to do with tge Ram but nothing changed

JustJudy

Judy
You said you put it in upside down. I'm not sure how that would be possible. I believe you may have damged the slot that it is in. How many RAM slots does it have? Most Dells now have 4 but older models have 2. If you have 4 try putting the RAM in another slot. As I said before line up the slot and press firmly but carefully listening for 2 clicks.
What model Dell do you have (example: optiplex 755 or 380, dimension 240, etc...)?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online