1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help me to choose my new monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pranshu, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pranshu

pranshu Thread Starter

I am going to buy a new TFT monitor and i want to know what are the specification i should keep in mind while choosing it.
    My system graphic configuration are: 1- Integrated ATI Radeon hd 3000 GPU
    2- Supports max. shared memory of 1gb
    3- Supports DVI-D compliant with HDCP with max. resolution 2560*1600(@60Hz)
    4-Supports RGB with max. resolution of 2048*1536 (@75Hz)
    5-Supports Hybrid CrossFireX

I also want to know does my pc is compatible with hd monitor and i have dvi-d output can i use it as hdmi output as i find some dvi to hdmi convertor cable on internet

And what is that Hybrid CrossFireX is it a thing that come with monitor

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Pretty much any monitor will work, and yes you can get DVI to HDMI adapters.

HD resolutions are pretty much the standard, and your video card supports resolutions well in excess of standard HD resolutions.

Basically you need to just decide what screen size you want and then pick a good brand with a good warranty; LG, Asus, Hanns-G, Samsung, Phillips are some of the better brands. Acer, eMachines are the lesser quality brands as well as any less known brands.

CrossFireX is the ability to use two or more similar video cards together for better gaming performance. Hybrid CrossFireX allows the paring of integrated video, which is what you have, and a compatible graphics cards. This is only for gaming.

3. pranshu

pranshu Thread Starter

Thanks triple6 for the reply, it will surely help me to find better monitor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042211