1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help me! tried to swap sdram win wont start

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MzLizz, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MzLizz

MzLizz Thread Starter

i have an athlon 550mhz processor operating on 98se. i tried to put a 256mb dimm card in for more ram, but after doing so my computer began beeping steadily. so i tried to put it back the way it originally was and the beeping stopped but now windows won't load. i'm getting an error message for either IOS or VMPOLL. I've been able to create a emergency boot disk and have gotten to the command prompt screen, but i'm at a loss of where to go from here. i've read something about changing the BIOS settings but i need to be walked thru what to do now. i am a newbie.

thanks for all your help

2. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

What kind of computer do you have? If it is custom built, what motherboard do you have?

3. MzLizz

MzLizz Thread Starter

mircro star model MS 6167. thanks for your reply

4. lemondrop

lemondrop

Could you please post the error messages exactly as you see them?

5. MzLizz

MzLizz Thread Starter

I just finished putting my comp. back together and started it, to write down the error messages, and it made it all the way into safe mode, so just on a hunch i rebooted and she's back to regular mode. i think reseating the ram modules did it !! anyway i tink i'm ok now if any thing goes wrong ill get back to ya thank you for your help1

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice