1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help! Microsoft office 2007 trial doesnt work! Cannot uninstall! Need urgent

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jon6440, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon6440

jon6440 Thread Starter

my microsoft 2007 trial is not working because i modified some changes to it by going to "start" button, click "run", type "regedit", went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/12.0/Registration/{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE and deleted "product id" and "digital id" and then i closed it. Then i clicked "start", went to "run", typed in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\Office Setup Controller\Proof.en, then i opened the "proof.xml" in notepad, then i changed the section at the bottom where it says </Feature>
    <Feature Id="SetupXmlFiles" Cost="1248">
    <OptionRef Id="alwaysInstalled"/>
    </Feature>
    </Package> and i changed "alwaysinstalled" to "neverinstalled". then my microsoft doesnt work. I can open my stuff but i cannot type or do anything. I also cannot uninstall it and cannot install any new or reinstall any old microsoft office programs. HELP PLZ PLZ PLZ!

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. valis

valis Moderator

think I'll keep an eye on this one. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice