1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help!!! Mozilla Firefox is acting up!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by tce, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tce

tce Thread Starter

Hello,

After I got my laptop back to normal, I realized that there's something wrong with mozilla firefox. When I opened mozilla firefox, it came up but there was like a divider with status bar being in the middle and below it, a white blank space. There was nothing below the staus line except an up arrow on the left side where I couldn't even click on. And so, I wanted to look up the problem online, so I tried to open another mozilla firefox. I couldn't open it. I tried it again and again. then, I wanted to remove it from my laptop, so i went to control panel to remove it and reinstalled it after that. The same problem came up. So now, I don't know what to do. What do you all recommend? How can I get mozilla back to normal? Please help me!

2. Augie65

Augie65

When you uninstall Firefox, it doesn't delete your profile folder. You can create a new profile and see if that solves the problem in case your profile is corrupt.
    First, I would run Firefox in safe mode to be sure that an extension isn't causing the problem.
    Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
    This runs Firefox without any extensions and the default theme.

3. tce

tce Thread Starter

I ran firefox in safe mode and it worked fine. I could open a new window too. So, what do I do now to fix it? Thanks!

4. Augie65

Augie65

In Firefox, click on Tools> Add-ons and disable all of them.
    Then enable one at a time until you find the one causing the problem.
    Then uninstall it or look for an update for it.

5. tce

tce Thread Starter

I don't see Add-ons under tools. There are only:
    Web Search
    Read Mail
    New Message
    Downloads
    Extensions
    Themes
    JavaScript Console
    Page Info
    Clear Private DAta
    Options

6. Augie65

Augie65

You must have an older version of Firefox. Add-ons are in Firefox 2.0.0.1
    Your version has Extensions. You might want to upgrade, if not, then click on Extensions.
    You might need to disable any theme, if you have one.

7. tce

tce Thread Starter

You are a genius! I disabled google web accelerator and it was back to normal. I don't think I need it since I upgraded to firefox 2. Thanks for taking your time to help me! You certainly made my day better.

8. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    You can mark this solved from the thread tools at the top of your post.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice