1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help! Need taskman.exe files!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by TheTaskman, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheTaskman

TheTaskman Thread Starter

:confused:I have a 2003 Dell Dimension 4550 running Windows XP Pro Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600; Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel; SMBIOS Version 2.3; Total Physical Memory: 1,536 MB; Available Physical Memory: 1.04 GB; Total Virtual Memory: 2 GB; Available Virtual Memory: 1.96 GB; Page File Space: 3.35 GB with Internet Explorer 7. 3 weeks ago my SpyBot S&D detected that my taskman.exe file was a threat, so I let it delete the file. Since that time I used Veristas Simple Backup to do a Custom Restore to get back some programs I used to have. It worked, but I now have an old version of my taskman.exe, and my original taskmanager Version 5.1.2600.0 is older and is not as function able (It does not have ANY of the Tabs on the top of the taskmanager.) Is it legal for anyone to copy their taskman.exe files from the following directories so I can use them in my computer or not? I would possibly need fresh taskman.exe files from someone running Windows XP Pro with SP3 andif so, can anyone send me copies from the following directories?
    TASKMAN.EXE – C:\1386
    taskman.exe C:\WINDOWS
    taskman.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
    Thanks everyone, I will look forward to anyone’s reply. TheTaskman:cool:

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Double click in the empty space in the border to bring it out of tiny footprint mode

3. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

TheTaskman, Follow WhitPhil's instrctions and the link below has an illustration of your problem. There's nothing wrong with your version of taskmgr.exe file.

The top-level menus and tabs in Task Manager are missing?

http://www.winxptutor.com/taskmgr.htm

Tufenuf

4. TheTaskman

Thanks WhitPhil! Your explaination has specifics that I needed; May I quote you? "Task Manager is running in tiny foot-print mode. To change to default view and get the menu options back, double-click the border of the Task Manager" My problem is 100% solved.
    TheTaskman

5. TheTaskman

Thanks WhitPhil! Problem solved 100% May I quote you? "Task Manager is running in tiny foot-print mode. To change to default view and get the menu options back, double-click the border of the Task Manager" Your reply was just what I needed. Taskman

6. TheTaskman

Thanks for the Images of the taskmanager Tufenuf! It was just what I needed! Many thanks, TheTaskman.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice