Solved: help . new machine trying to install mobo cd !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timothye

hello ..
i have a new machine i have assembled today .
everything is connected properly and its not working ..LOL
so here we go .
i start the computer main screen detects everything in the computer , next screen dmi pool........
booting from cd-rom
then this error "DISC BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISC & PRESS ENTER"
Well the system disc is in the dvd drive but its not finding it ( i guess )
then it just sits there at that error screen awaiting a key strok to shut down or restart .. as i said this machine has been assembled today . everything is brand spanking NEW ..
cannot install the motherboard cd( drivers ect..)
cheers for the help

asus a7n8x-x mobo NEC dvd DL 16x

If you are using the disk that came with the mobo, you need to install the operating system first, then install the mobo drivers.

If the OS is installed, boot without the mobo cd in and put it in after the os starts.

timothye

so if its just out of the box i should install the operating system first then the motherboard cd ?
cheers ;)

timothye

cheers m8 ..
is this why its not decting the dvd rom . because the operating system hasnt been installed . but i thought that the motherboard had to be installed first .. ill give it a shot ..
maybe ill be back ..LOL
thanks for posting :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online