1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help out a new quality assurance tester?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lab_rat, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lab_rat

lab_rat Thread Starter

so i'm a new quality assurance tester in a fairly new company, and new to these forums! =P any ways...

so my boss (SW lead) needs me to find a vast variety in the three main media types (picture, audio, video)

meaning i need all different file extensions and encoded with different codecs.

my first thought was to just use a media converter, but this only results in me having about ten different file extensions, but that doesn't take care of the different codecs being used... or does it?

i need all this by the end of the week ideally, i know it's not a technical support type of problem, but i think there's got to be someone on here that's been in the industry long enough to give me a quick fix :)

any ideas, suggestions at all?

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

my first thought was to just use a media converter, but this only results in me having about ten different file extensions, but that doesn't take care of the different codecs being used... or does it?

Yes, the media converter will use different codecs to convert the files.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    A good program should have a fair number of codecs with it. You can get the GIMP (a picture editor) and VLC (a media player) for free off the internet, and both have a good number of options to save or convert their files to. I'm sure somebody else will be able to name a few more.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

5. lab_rat

lab_rat Thread Starter

shweeet... what i did was i got AVS video/audio converters, and i converted to all possible formats. still, i feel i'm missing something. i will continue my search....

6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Your goal doesn't make any sense. What's the purpose of all this?

7. lab_rat

lab_rat Thread Starter

i'm a quality assurance tester, so i need to test all the most common codecs and file extensions with our software. check out our web site.... www.fugoo.com

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice