Solved: Help partitioning Hard Disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Umbrella420

Hello, I partitioned my hard drive before i installed XP splitting my hard drive into 2 separate partitions. I installed XP onto the 2nd partition (D:} and i used the C: for all my movies and music. No i have just got another hard drive as mine is nearly full but i want to partition my original hard drive into 1 partition (like new) if possible without losing my windows files, program files & settings and then copy all my music and movies over to my new hard drive.

What would be the best way to do this?
Bearing in mind that my boot files are stored on the C: drive. With this been the case i was thinking it might work if i reinstalled XP after I've made it into 1 partition and label it D: drive, would that work?

Here's a picture so you get the idea of whats what

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online