1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP! Sony Vaio Laptop to TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bumbledor, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

I have a Sony Vaio, FS740/W lap top, whose video will hopefully that will go into a Sharp LC big screen Model LC52L65U with a 15 pin PC input

I used the standard VGA cord that came with my LG monitor, (that I was using on my desktop which is now using digital) , and plugged it into the TV, and into the Laptop.

When I tried to switch the laptop over, the TV said the signal was incompatible. The driver is the most updated driver, version 6.14.10.4333 dated 6/8/2005 from Sony.

Any ideas? I was hoping I could plug in the laptop and use the big screen to teach some of the veterans here, how to access the internet. Easier to do with a big screen, if ya know what I mean.

Oh, BTW, XP home, service pack 2, intel pent' 1.73ghz, 2 gig ram

Thanks.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Check the TV manual for supported resolutions. I can't find that model on Sharp's USA website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice