1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP stuck in safe mode and cannot get out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by philherb, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philherb

philherb Thread Starter

I am operating vista on hp laptop came pre installed and I have no recovery or backup point. I restarted the system in the safe mode this a.m. to try to install a download update that kept failing all week per vista intructions on the safe mode, now I cannot get back to my normal look of screens etc and have tried the hold the F8 key on restart and startup but no dice.Also tried it in the last known good advanced mode, no dice there either.
    Please can anyone get me out of this so I can return to normal look running mode. Thanks for any responses and help,
    Philherb:confused: as ever with this hateful Vista junk.

2. joeten

joeten

3. joeten

joeten

Hi what solved your issue it will help others if you would post your solution thanks

4. philherb

philherb Thread Starter

Hi joeten, actually I was not stuck in the safe mode, but had come out of it, I had not realized it because the safe start mode changed all of my screens look and style. When I finally realized this I had to go into appearance and personlization and start from the beginning to get the screens back to the way they looked before the safe start. Hope this helps!

5. joeten

joeten

Hi and thank you for a clear and concise explanation I'am sure it will help others with a similar issue

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice