Solved: Help & Support was unable to start (Vista Home Basic)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andrewgranville

I am using Windows Home Basic with Service pack 1 & 2 installed. When I click on the help & support in the menu, and anywhere else, I get: 'Help & Support was unable to start' Any ideas please, thank you :)

TerryNet

Terry
Perhaps the System File Checker can fix that.

IMO you get results as good and usually better by doing a web search rather than bothering with Help & Support.

andrewgranville

TerryNet did anyone ever tell you that you are a genious; if you were a girl I would marry you! I used the System Checker in normal mode and it came back 'problems found but unable to resolve see log etc...'

I started system in Safe Mode (were help and support worked anyway) ran System Checker again and is said words to the effect of 'No problems'.

I re-booted in normal mode and Hellp & Support works perfect; thank you so much, I owe you a beer!

Do you know, I have bought microsoft products for over 30 years and never asked for anything; their technical support said they new what to do, but I would have to take out a 1 year service contract with them. I take on board what you say about search online too, I just don't like it when something does not work.

I am looking for new computer and will be taking a serious look at Apple product.

Thanks again & to you Tech Guys I will recommend you to my hundreds of friends!

Andrew Granville

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online