1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP! System Restore still not storing restore points

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mreddys10, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mreddys10

mreddys10 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Athan had asked me to create a restore point yesterday to check if my computer was still showing the restore point after a reboot. I did this and after the 1st reboot, it was fine, my restore point was stored. But i opened the system restore today, and its gone again!!!

So, i ran the disk cleanup on all the drives and deleted the restore points. After this, i created another restore point and i called it 'test2'. Everything was fine just like the 1st restore point i created and then, after a couple of reboots, NO RESTORE POINTS AGAIN. I just updated my BIOS and there is a restore point created for this by my computer, but dont know for how long it will be there :confused:

PS: I have a HP laptop, and they dint provide a Windows CD, but created a partition D:\ [HP_RECOVERY] which I am supposed to use incase of a system crash. But this drive is full, and I am unable to make any backup disks. Just letting u know cause this might be the problem

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Is D being monitored by System Restore?
    If so, and the drive is full, SR will shutdown, I believe.

C has lots of room left?

Turn off monitoring of D and try the test.

BTW SR will not back you out of a Bios update

3. devil_himself

devil_himself

4. mreddys10

mreddys10 Thread Starter

hi,
    i turned the monitoring off in D:\ and that seems to have solved the problem. All the system restore points are being stored properly now. Thanks a lot

5. devil_himself

devil_himself

Glad You Got It Fixed

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice