1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: help to reinstall VISTA OP on toshiba Satellite A100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by honeygirl1919, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honeygirl1919

honeygirl1919 Thread Starter

HI, I need help to reinstall my vista op on my lap top toshiba satellite A100 , It came with 2 disks Product recover DVD ROM..I dont know how to wipe clean first hardrive, or if i have to do that , or just put in the disks and it will do it by itself..i did put in the first disk and immediatley i got a blue screen. my laptop was bought in may 2007 , if that helps. I am very green wen it comes to hardware and reinstalling OP systems..can some one please help , ? OH and I think all this happened cos it has a virus.:eek:

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Reinstalling is sometimes the best and fastest way to sort out a problem, but can also be a major time drain and source of frustration. If you prefer you could detail exactly what problem is prompting you to reinstall, and we could consider addressing that instead.

The process will empty your drive itself, which means that you don't have to do any wiping (unless you want to sell/give away the computer). It also means however that all programs and files on your computer will be lost. Make backups of important files (Documents, pictures, etc) before you reinstall.

Another point to bear in mind if you suspect a Virus caused the problem, is to ensure that you install Anti virus software immediately, before trying to replace your backups.

____

If you have two disks one will be for the Operating System (Windows) and the other will have Toshiba Software and drivers. Make sure that you use the Operating System Disk.

To use the recovery CD you have to boot from it--basically load its own Operating system which does the work of replacing Windows. You don't put it in while Windows is running--Windows very sensibly protects itself from being overwritten. When your computer first turns on and before you get to Windows, you should see the POST screen. At the bottom it prompts you to press F2 for Setup or F12; you have to press F12. Actually the easiest way is to repeatedly press F12 from the moment you turn it on until you get the menu.

The menu in question should give you options for places to boot from, such as the hard disk, flash disk, and CD-ROM. Select CD with the disk in the CD drive and it should get to work.

3. honeygirl1919

honeygirl1919 Thread Starter

hi Ent, tnx so much , i did do that and it did work , i didnt back up any files , i just put in the 1st disk , and after a min, got a message to put in the second one...and all is well now , thank yos so much for ur help (y)...:p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice