1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Help upgrading cpu or motherboard? or both? confused..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zerri, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zerri

Zerri Thread Starter

Hey there :D I've got a little problem I was hoping you lot could help me with :p I'm still not very good on the hard ware side of things and I need to upgrade my CPU that much I know, buuut I have no clue what I can upgrade to, if i even can or if I should just be looking at getting a whole knew motherboard plus cpu o_O

So was hoping for some friendly advise :D

Currently:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250
    Motherborad: M2N68-AM plus

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Your board will actually support a 6core T1090 cpu however they are not available any longer. The fastest you can install that is still available is the 955. Here is the support page for your board;
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2N68AM/#support_CPU

Rather than install a 955, I would be looking at a new board, more modern cpu and new ram.

3. Zerri

Zerri Thread Starter

was afraid of something like that lol, thanks for the reply and the page link.. couldn't find that on my own so sad lol.

Seems I need to save some money then... >.<

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093329