1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HELP! USB DEVICE NOT recognized for my camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by cherbear5471, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cherbear5471

cherbear5471 Thread Starter

I have a Samsung ES55 camera and have been downloading pictures on my computer for about a year now. All of a sudden now , I am getting a message that says "usb device not recognized". Can u please help me, i have no idea what to do!

2. Morny

Morny

Hi cherbear5471

Did this happen while you resumed your computer from hibernation, or standby mode?

I have just found this and wonder if it may help?

Simply UNPLUG YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE POWER SUPPLY. Yes that’s it! Note that this does not mean just turning off your computer because modern computers don’t really turn off when you press the power button as the motherboard still gets power.

First to explain, the motherboard is where all of hardware of the computer is connected to, including the USB ports. Sometimes the motherboard needs to be “rebooted” also because something can go wrong, i.e. all your USB ports suddenly stop working. The small microprocessor on the motherboard will reload the drivers and your USB ports should be back to recognizing all devices!

So first turn off your computer using Shut Down or pressing the power button and then UNPLUG it from the wall outlet. Let it sit for about a minute and then plug it back in.

Hope this helps someone fix that pesky “USB device not recognized” Windows error!

3. cherbear5471

Thanks so much, as simple as that.. Appreciate your help.. and the Law of Attraction!! I'm actually taking a course on that right now..
    Have a great day..

4. Morny

Morny

Hi, Taking a course in the Law of Attraction? Didn't know there was such a thing? lol It is truly a state of mind and so controlling your throughts goes a long way. Btw, have you tried www.tut.com

5. cherbear5471

It was just a two night thing at a Local High School. Quite interesting and so is your link.. thanks.. and the Angels - I know they listen.. Our daughter just ret'd from her 7 mo.tour in Afghn. as a Medic........

6. Morny

Morny

WOW!! Good luck Cherbear5471. I too believe in angels and orbs and know they are always around us. Be lovely to see you on that site. Send me a private message if you like and I'll give you my email address x x x x

7. cherbear5471

Hi Morny..
    Not sure where to go to send private message?! She's home safe and sound.. From the stories , I've heard , the angels listened..
    Thanks..

8. Morny

Morny

If you scroll right up and look on the R/H side, under WELCOME, it says Private messages.

Not sure what you mean by 'She's home safe and sound?' Reply via private message if you like? x x x

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920326

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice